The TO:AOT Fixed Pack is an easy download, extract and play package. After extracting the download open the Tactical Ops Quick Join and you can either start TO 3.4 and TO 3.5 from the menu or directly join servers. No problems playing on modern systems with Windows 10, 8 or 7.
Inside the TO:AOT Fixed Pack:
• Tactical Ops: Assault On Terror patched to version 3.4 with OpenGL Renderer v3.5 and SuperTeam Keybinder v1.4. On this version you can easily join all multiplayer servers, some servers use ACE Anti Cheat and only requires you to click a few buttons ingame first joining a server.
• Tactical Ops: Assault On Terror patched to version 3.5 with OpenGL Renderer from TO3.5 Patch and SuperTeam Keybinder v1.5. On this version some servers require you to install and configure the ESE Anti Cheat and ESE Renderers included in the Extra folder.
• The Tactical Ops Quick Join Tool that allows you to directly join a server from the builtin server browser or manually start either TO3.4 or TO3.5 from the menu.
While you are downloading make sure to scroll down on this page and read the Important Settings to Tweak section.
7z for Windows
• TO3.4 + TO3.5 + Quick Join Tool
• Smaller high compressed version, extract with 7-Zip.
This pack is made only for testing the new UT99 v469a update on TO.
It should be Linux Compatible, but is unverified.
#1 - Download the TO-AOT-v340-v350.zip file or the TO-AOT-v340-v350.7z version.
#2 - Extract the contents of the downloaded file and place the "TacticalOps" folder into a directory such as "C:/" or "C:/Games/" and try to avoid any protected/user directories. (So avoid Desktop, Downloads, Documents or the Program Files Folders)
#3 - You are done and can now play Tactical Ops.
Start the Ops Quick Join and select a server you wish to join, or start Tactical Ops from:
Menu -> Launch Tactical Ops 3.4
Menu -> Launch Tactical Ops 3.5
Or manually start TO3.4 from "TO340/System/TacticalOps.exe" and TO3.5 from "TO350/System/TacticalOps.exe"
Can't get the game to work? Or are having crashes? Try reading the General Problems page in the Guides & Info section. You can also contact me if you have questions/suggestions, look at the top of the About page for contact info.
Player Name - Some servers might kick you if you have the default "Player" name so change it in the options menu from inside the game.
Frame Limit - The default FrameRateLimit=100, you can change it to 120, 144, 180 up to the outer maximum of 200 in "TacticalOps.ini" under section [OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice]. Around 150-170 FPS some textures such as animated in-map scorecoards start to behave buggy, near 200'ish you get the extra footsteps effect, and in servers without ACE higher than 200 you get "pulled" back by the server since your client tries to move faster then you should. On servers with ACE a limit of 200 is forced.
You can also change this value while playing to test the best setting, view the bottom of the Renderers & FrameLimit guide for more information.
Sound Settings - Surround Sound and 3D Surround are disabled by default, tweak these to user preference in the Audio Settings. Remember to restart your game for these settings to take effect.
Mouse Settings - DirectInput is enabled by default for optimal mouse tracking, this however activates the ALT+TAB Crosshair bug. To disable it go to the Mouse Settings and restart your game afterwards. To get "better" mouse tracking with DirectInput disabled use the MarkC Mouse Fix, its included in the Extra folder. View the Mouse Tracking & Input guide for more information.
Other Settings - Most players will lower or disable View Bob (screen shake while moving) and set the Music Volume to 0%. Some also set the ingame brightness very high for optimal visibility of enemies. For some players the ingame brightness setting doesn't work, if you have this issue you must edit "TacticalOps.ini" with notepad, press CTRL+F and search for GammaOffset and change that value to GammaOffset=0.700000 for standard and higher for increased brightness. View the Fix ingame Brightness/Gamma guide for more information.
You will have to set all those settings for both versions separately.
Fixed Server Browser - Since the GameSpy shutdown the Tactical Ops server browser stopped working. By using 3 alternative Master Servers they now display servers again. Also the server list only displays servers of a compatible version instead of a mixed server list.
Fixed Game Speed and Mouse Input - By default the game would run at such a high and inconsistent framerate it resulted in speed up and slow down gameplay combined with irregular mouse tracking. By limiting the max fps this has been fixed, SwapInterval is set to 0 to also improve the delay of mouse input.
Fixed OpenGL Renderer Kick - TO v3.4 has OpenGL Renderer v3.5 that works on all servers. Newer Renderers have been released but are not compatible with multiplayer servers on both versions. TO v3.5 has an older OpenGL Renderer released with the v3.5 Community Patch since that lets you join all servers except the ones that require the ESE Anti Cheat Client installed and activated. For ESE Servers in v3.5 you will need to have installed the ESE Renderers from the ESE Account Manager.
Keybinder Included - Included are SuperTeam Keybinder v1.4 for TO v3.4 and v1.5 for TO v3.5. These can be launched ingame from the main menu and is a tool that lets you bind various game commands to buttons of your choice. Very useful tool and a must have for every player.
TO 3.5 is ESE compatible - Run the ESESetup.exe in the Extra Folder for the ESE Account Manager. Once you have an ESE account and the keyfile placed into the TO350/System folder, have installed the ESE Client and the Renderers from the Account Manager you should be able to join all TO 3.5 ESE Servers. Just make sure you select the TO350/System/TacticalOps.exe and not the Tactical Ops Quick Join.exe as the install location.
Updates since 2017/2018 version
Updated the MarkC Mouse Fix in the Extra folder.
Removed the outdated TO-Launcher from the Extra folder.
Renamed the main folder from "Tactical Ops" to "TacticalOps".
Changes made to TO 3.4 & TO 3.5
• Removed old video Renderers (Direct3D, Glide and Metal)
• Removed old audio Renderer (SGL)
• TacticalOps.ini cleaned from data of removed audio and video Renderers (Direct3D, Glide, Metal, SGL, XDriver, GenericAudioSubSystem)
• TacticalOps.ini cleaned from all unused sections
• Removed unused files from original installer (Setup.exe, Setup.int and Manifest.cfg)
• Removed unused Language Files in System Folder (*.det, *.est, *.frt and *.itt)
• Removed unused Server files (/Web/ and System/TacticalOpsWinServer.bat and UCC.exe)
• Fixed Server Browser (TacticalOps.ini, TOSystem.int and UBrowser.int)
• Merged Sub folders from /TacticalOps/ with the main folders
• Set to use the OpenGL Renderer by default
• Set FrameLimit to 100
• Set SwapInterval to 0
• Set Anisotropic Filtering to 16x by default
• Set Default Resolution to 1024x768 32bits
• Set Audio Latency to 60
• Disabled Mouse Smoothing
• Enabled DirectInput
• Brightness @ 50%
• Audio, Music and Announcer Volume @ 50%
• View Bobbing @ 50% (10% lower as default)
• Disabled Auto Weapon Reload
• Cleaned up TacticalOps.ini and User.ini
• Copied over TacticalOps.ini to Default.ini and User.ini to DefUser.ini
Changes made to TO 3.4
• OpenGL Renderer v3.5 (Latest one compatible with TO3.4 TOST)
• SuperTeam KeyBinder v1.4 (Made for TO3.4)
Changes made to TO 3.5
• OpenGL Renderer from TO 3.5 Patch (Some servers with no ESE kick for OpenGL Renderer v3.5)
• SuperTeam KeyBinder v1.5 (Made for TO3.5 with compatilbilty for TO3.4)
Changed_or_Removed_Files.zip - Added as backup
Included in the Extra folder is a Changed_or_Removed_Files.zip that includes all deleted or altered files.