All maps from the Tactical Ops Archive map collection are repacked with all required packages included to work on TO3.4 and TO3.5.
Every map has gone through a check too verify compatibility with all other maps/packages in the collection, and that they work on TO3.4(+).
It's not recommended to mix maps downloaded from other sources, as overwriting files can make maps unplayable and give errors.
Why are all maps repacked?
• Fixed incomplete/broken map downloads
• Fixed file mismatch errors
• Fixed bad files overwriting official files and messing up your game/server
• Fixed different files and filetypes with same name
• Fixed spaces and http redirect incompatible characters in filenames
• Fixed incompatibility of old SWAT and TO Mod maps (With great help of "Sp1r1tSuxor")
Where possible the original readme files are preserved and if so placed in folder "/Readme/Mapname/" to prevent clutter.
It's recommended to use a separate install when installing custom maps to avoid file mismatch errors when joining multiplayer servers.
When installing large amounts of custom maps (1000+) it can take anywhere from 30 to 60+ seconds to open the practice session window, it gets worse the more maps you add.
To install them simply drop a map download in your TO folder, click "Extract here" and the map is installed with all files in the required folders.
Manual Map Installation:
.u, .ini and .int files -> TO-Version/System
.unr files -> TO-Version/Maps
.utx files -> TO-Version/Textures
.uax files -> TO-Version/Sounds
.umx files-> TO-Version/Music
In theory most maps can work on older TO Mod versions, however some problems you might encounter:
• SWAT mod requires SW-* map name prefix
• Map downloads not including original "retail" TO:AoT files a map could require
• Map requiring files from a "original" package different than particular mod version has
In the end it could be your best choice to download original versions of non-retail maps from the Unreal Archive.
No custom maps have been preserved for this version.