Follow this guide to install an old official UT99 Trial Demo that after updating with the "NoDelta" patch can be used to play all mod versions.
Do not start the demo before installing step #2 the NoDelta Patch.
You can also choose to skip step #4, #5 and #6 and use the UT99 v469c Patch. (Make sure to select the OpenGL renderer and Raw Mouse Input on first startup.)
If any mod version is crashing on startup check out the bottom of this page for a fix.
Start UT and make sure in the first startup screen to select the OpenGL Renderer.
Else you can also select it afterwards from inside the Video settings in the Preferences menu.
Change the FrameRateLimit= value in "UnrealTournament.ini" under section [OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice], keep it under 180-200. Good base value is 100 up to 144.
An alternative way is to use the ingame a console command: set OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice FrameRateLimit ###
Or change it from the ingame "Preferences" menu, read the bottom of the Renderers & FrameLimit guide for instructions.
If you are installing multiple mod versions it is smart to make a backup/copy of "UnrealTournament" folder. This way you always have a clean base to install any particular version of the mods.
If you have made a backup of your UT folder you can run the Uninstaller of the UT99 Trial Demo.
These mod downloads are original versions of their releases, only repacked into zip files instead of exe setups and umods.
So you will have to adjust all the graphic settings, mouse settings, renderer settings, set a FrameRateLimit in TacticalOps.ini etc...
SWAT Public Beta
• SWAT Mod Beta.zip (38 MB)
TO Beta 1.2
• Tactical Ops Mod v1.2.zip (44 MB)
TO Beta 1.6
• Tactical Ops Mod v1.6.zip (58 MB)
TO Beta 2.0 - 2.1.6
• Tactical Ops Mod v2.0.zip (104 MB)
• Tactical Ops Mod v2.1.0 Patch.zip (30 MB)
• Tactical Ops Mod v2.1.1 RC1 Patch.zip (3 MB)
• Tactical Ops Mod v2.1.1 RC3 Patch.zip (3 MB)
• Tactical Ops Mod v2.1.4 Patch.zip (7 MB)
• Tactical Ops Mod v2.1.5 Patch.zip (7 MB)
• Tactical Ops Mod v2.1.6 Patch.zip (13 MB)
TO Beta 2.2.0
• Tactical Ops Mod v2.2.0.zip (112 MB)
TO:AoT 3.1.5 - 3.3.2
• Tactical Ops Mod v3.1.5 (2nd Edition).zip (202 MB)
• Tactical Ops Mod v3.3.2 Patch.zip (16 MB)
The mod version came with a TacticalOps.ini that must be edited as it's using the old Software Renderer or Direct3D Renderer by default.
In section [Engine.Engine] make sure GameRenderDevice is set to the OpenGL Renderer: